Chocolate raspberry meringue cookies, an easy and perfect French meringue recipe for crispy meringues with a melting heart.
What is a French meringue
Meringues cookies, with French meringue base recipe, containing only 2 ingredients, egg whites and powdered sugar.
And this mixture after cooking gives these beautiful, super crunchy and tasty meringues!
An easy and unbreakable recipe, with a 1:2 ratio! I.e. 1 part egg whites to 2 parts powdered sugar.
Example: for 100 g of egg whites add 200 g of caster sugar.
Chocolate raspberry meringues cookies
Also it is a super foodie recipe of chocolate raspberry meringues cookies dipped in dark chocolate glaze.
Also you can add to your meringue cookies :
- Chocolate chip
- Crushed nuts
- Lemon juice
My materials to make the recipe for meringues cookies
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat (silpat type)
- Disposable piping bag
- Icing Nozzle for meringues (here 1B)
- A stand mixer or an electric mixer
- Raspberry flavour
- Raspberry pink food coloring
Ingredients notes for this meringe recipe
- Egg whites chilled at room temperature
- White caster sugar
- Optional cream of tartar to stabilize eggs whites
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Dark chocolate chip
How to make Chocolate raspberry meringues cookies
Making the French meringue
- Start by cleaning your utensils with hot water and soap.
- And clean the bowl and whisk with vinegar to destroy the fat.
- Then preheat the oven to 392°F / 200°C with rotating heat.
- And place the caster sugar on a baking tray covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Then heat the sugar in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Then, during this time, whisk the whites in the bowl of your electric mixer or stand mixer and whip at low speed.
- And when the whites start to bubble, slowly increase the speed until meringue is stiff.
- Then gradually add the caster sugar to the egg whites in small amounts while letting the mixer run at high speed.
- And after adding all the caster sugar, continue beating for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finish by adding the raspberry flavouring and pink food coloring.
- And let it stir for a few more moments until you get a nice firm and shiny meringue.
Cooking the meringue cookies
- Start by filling a piping bag with a large star icing nozzle with the meringue batter.
- And poach small piles in the desired shape on your baking tray covered with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Finish by baking the meringue at 212°F / 100°C until the meringue peels off the parchment paper.
- After baking leave your meringues in the oven for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Allow the meringue cookies to cool completely to room temperature.
Dark chocolate glaze
- Start by placing the dark chocolate chip into a bowl and heat in a bain-marie to melt it.
- And dip the cooled meringues in the dark chocolate icing.
- Finish by letting your raspberry and dark chocolate meringues cool down.
Tips to make a success with meringue cookies
- Egg whites at room temperature.
- Use a stand mixer to beat the egg whites.
- Clean utensils. (wipe with a cloth soaked in white vinegar).
- Heat the sugar in the oven. (So that it dissolves more quickly).
- Add the sugar at the right time. (when the whites have risen)
- A soft and long cooking. (with rotating heat)
- Add cream of tartar. (optional, perfect for firm whites)
How to store meringue cookies
Meringues can be stored at room temperature in a storage box with an airtight lid for up to 2 weeks.
Others meringues recipes
- Easy meringue cookies kisses recipe
- Berry Pavlovas recipe
Chocolate raspberry meringue cookies
- 100 g Eggs white
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 1 tsp Raspberry food flavoring
- Pink raspberry food coloring
Make the french meringue
- Start by preheating the oven to 392°F / 200°C fan heat and line a baking tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Then clean your utensils with hot water and soap and pass a cloth soaked in vinegar through the bowl of your 2-electric mixer or stand mixer and also the whisk.
- And pour the caster sugar on the baking tray covered with parchment paper and put in the oven for 5 minutes.
- During this time, put the whites in the bowl of the stand and mix at slow speed until bubbles appear, then gradually increase the speed.
- When the whites are stiff, while letting the mixer run at high speed incorporate the caster sugar with a tablespoon gradually.
- After adding all the caster sugar, let your stand mixer or electric mixer run for another 5 to 7 minutes. (the sugar should be completely melted, check if you can feel the sugar in the meringue with your fingers).
- Then add the raspberry flavor and pink food coloring and let the whisk run for a few more moments, until you get a firm, shiny meringue.
Bake the meringue cookies
- Lower the oven to 212°F / 100°C rotating heat.
- Fill a piping bag with a star glaze tip with the raspberry meringue.
- And pocket small piles of meringue in the desired shape, spaced about 5 cm apart.
- Then bake in the oven for about 35 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of the meringues.The meringues are ready when they peel easily from the parchment paper.
- Turn off the oven and leave your meringues in it for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Make the chocolate drip
- Start by placing the dark chocolate cut into pieces in a bowl and melt it in a bain-marie.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a small deep bowl and dip your meringues in the chocolate icing.
- Let your meringues rest on baking paper until the chocolate has completely cooled.
- Use chilled egg whites at room temperature.
- Store your meringues at room temperature.
- For meringues that melt inside reduce cooking time.