Learn how to prepare this delicious and fluffy Nutella ganache recipe at home. Made with only three ingredients, this whipped ganache frosting is perfect as a cake filling, cupcake topping or to decorate all your favorite desserts.
This Nutella chocolate ganache is simply a dark chocolate ganache flavored with Nutella spread, a pure delight for all chocolate lovers and those who love this famous chocolate hazelnut spread.
Made with just 3 ingredients - semi-sweet chocolate, heavy cream and Nutella spread - you'll have a creamy and rich chocolate ganache with a firm, velvety texture enhanced by the delicious flavor of Nutella.
Perfect for baking, you can use it to fill a cake layer, coat a cake, decorate a tart or pipe your cupcakes for any occasion.
Why you'll love this recipe
Ingredients you need
You need these ingredients to make this chocolate and Nutella ganach
- Dark chocolate: Baking chocolate chips or chocolate bars(semi-sweet or bittersweet) chocolate couverture is perfect.
- Cream: Full-fat heavy cream with 30% fat or heavy whipping cream (double cream).
- Nutella: Nutella hazelnut chocolate spread or other chocolate nut spreads.
How to make Nutella Ganache Recipe
Here are some quick visual instructions. Don't forget that full instructions with exact ingredients can be found in the main recipe card below!
Step 1: Break or finely chop the dark chocolate and place in a medium bowl or in a microwave safe bowl with the Nutella (you can also melt the chocolate directly in the microwave or double boiler).
Step 2: Heat heavy cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering, then pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and stir with a rubber spatula until you have a liquid ganache.
Step 3: Pour the cold cream in the melted chocolate mixture and mix again until completely combined, using a hand blender, cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
Step 4: Whip the chilled chocolate ganache with an electric mixer on medium speed or in the large mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and thick.
How to use this ganache
- Cupcake topping: Perfect topping for Nutella cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes or these vanilla bean cupcakes.
- Macaron Filling: Use as a rich filling for macarons like these Nutella macarons or these chocolate ganache macarons.
- Cake filling: Perfect chocolate Nutella ganache for chocolate cake like this chocolate birthday cake, or to make a Nutella layer cake or a Ferrero Rocher cake.
- In a tart: Ideal for topping chocolate or fruit tarts.
- Fruit Dip: Dip fresh fruit for a tasty snack.
Tips for this recipe
Fridge/room temperature: keep ganache covered in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 3-4 days in the fridge.
Freezing: Ganache can be frozen when already inside a cake. However, it is not advisable to whip it after it has defrost, as this will alter its texture.
Can milk chocolate be substituted for dark chocolate?
It's possible to replace dark chocolate with milk chocolate, but you'll need to change the ratio of chocolate to cream to 1:2 (2 parts cream to 1 part milk chocolate).
More ganache recipes
I hope you love these whipped Nutella ganache frosting. If you make it, be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Happy Baking!Print