How to make Chewy Easter egg cookies with this easy and so flavorful recipe. These easter cookies are soft and chewy center and have a crisp edge outside perfect for an easter celebration or at any other snack time for the kids.
And if to change of the regular Easter egg sugar cookies with royal icing , you try a more flavorful recipe with this mini easter cookie recipe that will please all cookie lovers.
We love these mini chocolate egg cookies for their nutty brown sugar taste, with their chewy center and crunchy edges which make a perfect treat to be enjoyed during the Easter season.
Instead of chocolate chips, I use mini chocolate eggs in these Easter cookies which is based on my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, which add a delicious chocolate flavor and extra crunchy texture, perfect to go on your Easter desserts list.
They are very easy to make at home, with simple ingredients and if you follow my tips to make them you will have these Easter treats to enjoy with your family or to prepare for any other occasion.
Ingredients et substitutions
Here are the ingredients needed and any substitutions to make these chocolate mini egg cookies at home, scroll down to see the quantities in the recipe card.
- Butter: Always use unsalted butter, preferably softened or melted and cooled, you can also use salted butter but remove the salt from the recipe.
- Sugar: A mixture of white granulated sugar and flavored sugar such as dark brown sugar, or light brown sugar or another whole sugar.
- Eggs: A single large egg that should be at room temperature, take it out ahead of time or leave it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes.
- Flour: Use white wheat flour like cake flour or all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch: Optional, cornstarch will add a soft texture to the cookies.
- Yeast: A mixture of baking powder and baking soda, you can replace it with only one packet of baking powder.
- Vanilla and salt: Pure vanilla extract and sea salt are essential to bring out all the flavors.
- Easter eggs: Use chocolate mini eggs with a colored sugar coating or other easter eggs like Cadbury mini eggs.
- Chocolate chips: You can also add semi sweet, milk or white chocolate chips for extra yumminess.
- Nuts: Chopped nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts.
⚠️ You will find the quantities and complete instructions in the recipe card at the end of the page.
How to make Chocolate mini Egg Cookies
1 - Cream butter and sugar
- Place softened butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer at medium speed for about 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Add the room-temperature egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix again with the mixer for a good minute to incorporate them.
Tip: Use room temperature ingredients to get a homogeneous mixture and an electric mixer to make the blend.
2 - Add dry ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt into the wet ingredients.
- And mix this time gently with a flexible spatula until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the chocolate mini eggs (whole or lightly crushed according to your preference) and mix again with a spatula to incorporate them.
Tip: You can sift the dry ingredients together in advance to get a smooth flour mixture.
- Shape cookie dough balls with your hands or two tablespoons and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate eggs to the top of the cookie balls for decoration.
- Let the cookie dough balls rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C and bake cookies for 13-15 minutes depending on the diameter and until they are golden brown (the cookies are cooked when they are still a little soft in the center, they will cool down a little as they cool)
- Let the cookies cool a bit on the baking sheet before moving them gently to a wire rack.
Tip: Use an ice cream cookie scoop to shape cookie dough into even, round balls.
Trick: At the end of baking, use a round cookie cutter slightly larger than the cookies and twist it around the baked cookies to give them a nice round shape.
At room temperature: Store Easter cookies at room temperature, once completely cooled, in an airtight container for 1 week.
How do I freeze baked cookies? Let cookies cool completely after baking, then place in plastic storage bags in the freezer for 3 months.
Congélation des cookies crus ? You can also keep them up to 3 months raw in the freezer, after shaping them into balls, place them in a freezer storage bag.
Take the frozen cookie balls out and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, let them recover for 1 hour at room temperature and follow the baking instructions.
More cookie recipes
- Caramel Cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- Brownie crinkle cookies
- White chocolate cranberry cookies
- Healthy breakfast cookies
- Oatmeal chocolate chips cookies
- Banana bread cookies
- Biscoff butter cookies
- Gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- Vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Edible cookie dough
- One pan skillet cookies
- Brown butter sugar cookies
- Giant chocolate chip cookie
- Oreo chocolate chip cookies
More recipes with candy
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in the comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print