Recipe for the Nutella stuffed galette des rois, super easy and quick to make with a very quick rough puff pastry recipe ready in only 10 minutes and a delicious Nutella almond cream (frangipane).
If you want a new twist to the traditional French galette des rois with frangipane, try this tasty recipe of Nutella galette des rois! Made with a quick rough puff pastry that takes only 10 minutes to make and no time to rest. And it is stuffed with a delicious homemade Nutella almond cream filling.
As with my chocolate galette des rois version, this recipe is very chocolatey and also very easy to make and very quick for a last minute Epiphany dessert.
Nutella Almond filling cream (frangipane)
The traditional recipe is made with a frangipane cream which is simply the mixture between almond filling and pastry cream. But many recipes are made with only almond filling cream and for this version you just need to add some Nutella spread or you can try my recipe for homemade chocolate hazelnut spread.
Tip: Simply add unsweetened cocoa powder or melted dark chocolate to flavor your chocolate almond filling cream.
How to make the Nutella stuffed galette des rois
- Puff pastry: Follow the quick recipe, or try the inverted puff pastry recipe or the classic homemade puff pastry recipe or simply take a pre-made puff pastry from the store.
- Almond filling: Prepare the recipe by mixing together the butter, powdered sugar, almond meal and eggs and simply add the chocolate spread.
How to make a galette
- Roll out the dough to form 2 discs that you will have previously cut with a pastry circle or a large plate.
- Spread a layer of chocolate spread on the first disk, leaving a border.
- Top with the chocolate almond filling and place your bean.
- Moisten the edges with a brush and water.
- Cover with the second disc of dough and seal the edges with your fingers.
- Apply a layer of egg wash with a pastry brush.
- Score the galette with a knife.
Tip: Use a pastry bag to fill the inside of the galette.
How to bake
- Place the galette in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 356°F /180°C.
- Bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and bake for 5 minutes at 464°F /240°C for a shiny crust.
Other recipes for Epiphany
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print