How to make the best Kinder bueno cake! An easy and very chocolatey recipe with a soft chocolate sponge cake, a Kinder ganache with mascarpone, a white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream and kinder Bueno inside of course!
The best Kinder cake
If you already love all kinder chocolates then you can't imagine the level of sweetness of this drip cake! This is my ultimate Kinder Bueno cake recipe, a very chocolatey composition, a soft and moist sponge cake and a generous and ultra smooth cream in a really easy to make recipe.
- Soft and moist chocolate sponge cake! And for that the best is the molly cake, a recipe already very popular and the chocolate version is just incredible.
- Chocolate ganache with the Kinder maxi, creamy and soft but in a version with mascarpone.
- Pieces of Kinder Bueno bars between each layer of cake.
- Buttercream frosting for a perfect smoothing with the white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.
Why choose this cake recipe
- Ultra indulgent and tasty!
- Perfect for special occasions! Birthday, baby shower etc...
- An easy recipe!
- Baking pan (set of 2, 6 inch / 15 cm diameter)
- Straight edge icing smoother ( stainless) or acrylic).
- Kitchen mixer or a good electric mixer
- Rotating cake stand
- Pastry bag and 2D tip
You will also like : Best 10 cake decorating tools for great cakes !
How to make the Kinder cake
Preparation of the chocolate sponge cake
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line two 6 inch / 15 cm round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high speed for at least 10 minutes. (the mixture will triple in volume)
- Meanwhile, sift and mix together the dry ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the dry ingredients. (mix for about 1 minute)
- Whip the cold heavy cream with an electric mixer until thick.
- Add a small amount of whipping cream to the mixer bowl and mix on medium speed.
- Add all the remaining whipping cream and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Divide the mixture in 2 and fill the 2 moulds.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Turn out the sponge cakes and let them cool completely, then cover them with cling film and place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Preparation of the Kinder ganache
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the Kinder maxi bars and the chopped chocolate.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until you have a liquid ganache. (use a hand blender to smooth it out)
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 night.
- On the day, beat the ganache with a mixer for about 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add the cold mascarpone and beat again for 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Keep in a fridge until ready to assemble.
Preparation of the buttercream
Follow the step by step recipe for the Swiss meringue buttercream with the ingredients indicated in the recipe card (below). And add the melted white chocolate at the end of the preparation.
Assemble, smooth and decorate the cake
- Cut the 2 chocolate cakes into 2 layers with a cake leveler or a large knife.
- Place a first sponge cake on a cake turntable and apply a curl of buttercream on the edge.
- Fill the center with Kinder ganache, place pieces of Kinder Bueno inside and cover with a little ganache.
- Place a second layer of sponge cake and repeat this step for all remaining layers.
- Cover with a layer of buttercream and smooth with an icing smoother. (You can use the smoothing method with acrylic trays)
- Drip the chocolate drip over the top of the cake and spill it over the sides.
- Fill a pastry bag with the buttercream icing recipe and decorate the top of the cake.
- Add some Kinder bueno.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
You will also like : How to frost a cake for perfect finish !
It can be kept in the fridge and should be eaten within 3 to 5 days. Remember to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving.
You can cut it into pieces and place it in preservation bags or in a box and put it in the freezer for 3 months.
More chocolate cake
- Chocolate praline drip cake
- Chocolate strawberry cake
- Chocolate layer cake with vanilla ganache
- Flourless chocolate cake
More birthday cakes
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print