How to make the best Kinder bueno cake! An easy and very chocolatey recipe with a soft chocolate sponge cake, a Kinder ganache with mascarpone, a white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream and kinder Bueno inside of course!
If you already love all kinder chocolates then you can't imagine the level of sweetness of this drip cake! This is my ultimate Kinder Bueno cake recipe, a very chocolatey composition, a soft and moist sponge cake and a generous and ultra smooth cream in a really easy to make recipe.
- Soft and moist chocolate sponge cake! And for that the best is the molly cake, a recipe already very popular and the chocolate version is just incredible.
- Chocolate ganache with the Kinder maxi, creamy and soft but in a version with mascarpone.
- Pieces of Kinder Bueno bars between each layer of cake.
- Buttercream frosting for a perfect smoothing with the white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream.
Why choose this cake recipe
- Ultra indulgent and tasty!
- Perfect for special occasions! Birthday, baby shower etc...
- An easy recipe!
- Baking pan (set of 2, 6 inch / 15 cm diameter)
- Straight edge icing smoother ( stainless) or acrylic).
- Kitchen mixer or a good electric mixer
- Rotating cake stand
- Pastry bag and 2D tip
You will also like : Best 10 cake decorating tools for great cakes !
How to make the Kinder cake
Preparation of the chocolate sponge cake
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line two 6 inch / 15 cm round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high speed for at least 10 minutes. (the mixture will triple in volume)
- Meanwhile, sift and mix together the dry ingredients, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the dry ingredients. (mix for about 1 minute)
- Whip the cold heavy cream with an electric mixer until thick.
- Add a small amount of whipping cream to the mixer bowl and mix on medium speed.
- Add all the remaining whipping cream and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Divide the mixture in 2 and fill the 2 moulds.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Turn out the sponge cakes and let them cool completely, then cover them with cling film and place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Preparation of the Kinder ganache
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the Kinder maxi bars and the chopped chocolate.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until you have a liquid ganache. (use a hand blender to smooth it out)
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 night.
- On the day, beat the ganache with a mixer for about 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add the cold mascarpone and beat again for 3 to 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Keep in a fridge until ready to assemble.
Preparation of the buttercream
Follow the step by step recipe for the Swiss meringue buttercream with the ingredients indicated in the recipe card (below). And add the melted white chocolate at the end of the preparation.
Assemble, smooth and decorate the cake
- Cut the 2 chocolate cakes into 2 layers with a cake leveler or a large knife.
- Place a first sponge cake on a cake turntable and apply a curl of buttercream on the edge.
- Fill the center with Kinder ganache, place pieces of Kinder Bueno inside and cover with a little ganache.
- Place a second layer of sponge cake and repeat this step for all remaining layers.
- Cover with a layer of buttercream and smooth with an icing smoother. (You can use the smoothing method with acrylic trays)
- Drip the chocolate drip over the top of the cake and spill it over the sides.
- Fill a pastry bag with the buttercream icing recipe and decorate the top of the cake.
- Add some Kinder bueno.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
You will also like : How to frost a cake for perfect finish !
It can be kept in the fridge and should be eaten within 3 to 5 days. Remember to take it out of the fridge about 30 minutes before serving.
You can cut it into pieces and place it in preservation bags or in a box and put it in the freezer for 3 months.
More chocolate recipes
- Chocolate praline drip cake
- Chocolate strawberry cake
- Chocolate layer cake with vanilla ganache
- Flourless chocolate cake
- Chocolate birthday cake
- Chocolate naked cake
More birthday cakes
- Salted caramel cake
- Lemon meringue cake
- Vanilla birthday cake
- Strawberry whipped cream cake
- Strawberry layer cake
- Carrot layer cake
- Coconut layer cake
- Gingerbread cake
- Berries naked cake
- Gingerbread house cake
Did you like this recipe? Don't forget to rate it and leave me a review in comments! And to not miss any recipes follow @sweetlycakes on Instagram and tag me to share it if you make this recipe 😊!Print
kinder bueno cake with kinder chocolate ganache
- Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
Delicious cake with a soft chocolate sponge cake, a kinder ganache and a white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream with a dripping chocolate glaze (for a cake of 6 inch / 15 cm in diameter about 12-16 parts)
Molly Cake chocolate sponge cake
- 3 Eggs (room temperature)
- 250 g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 175 g Flour
- 75 g Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 g Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 250 ml Heavy cream (30 % fat - cold)
- 200 g Kinder maxi
- 50 g semi-sweet chocolate
- 150 ml Heavy cream (30% fat)
- 220 g Mascarpone (Cold)
White chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream
- 5 Egg whites ((about 165g) )
- 150 g Sugar
- 300 g Butter (softened )
- 100 g White Chocolate (melted)
- 50 g semi-swee chocolate
- 50 ml Heavy cream (30% mg)
Preparation of the chocolate sponge cake
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line two 6 inch / 15 cm round baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on medium high speed for at least 10 minutes. (The mixture will triple in volume).
- Meanwhile, sift and mix the dry ingredients together, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and incorporate the dry ingredients then let the mixer run for 1 minute at most.
- Whip the cold heavy cream with an electric whisk until it becomes a thick cream.
- Add a small amount of the whipped cream to the bowl and mix at medium speed for a few moments to soften the mixture.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream with a spatula and scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in 2 and pour it into the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour and check for doneness by sticking a toothpick in it.
- Let the cakes cool a little before unmolding them and letting them cool completely on a cake rack upside down.
- Cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (You can prepare the sponge cake 1 to 2 days in advance)
Preparation of the Kinder ganache
- Place the kinder maxi and the chocolate in a saucepan.
- Add the heavy cream and heat over medium heat until the ganache is liquid and not chunky. (use a hand blender if necessary).
- Transfer to a container, cover with cling film and place in a fridge for one night.
- On the d-day, whip the Kinder ganache at medium speed for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Then add the cold mascarpone and continue beating at medium speed for another 3 to 5 minutes until you have a smooth, thick ganache.
- Keep in a refrigerator until the cake is ready to be assembled.
Preparation of the white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream
- Place the egg whites and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and heat on a double boiler while whisking continuously. Until the sugar is completely dissolved and check the temperature with a baking thermometer which should read at least 55°C.
- Attach the mixer bowl to the base of the stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat at medium-high speed for about 15 to 20 minutes. Until the meringue is firm and cooled.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the chopped butter and vanilla.
- Then resume high speed and mix for at least 5 minutes. (The mixture will be liquid at first and then grainy before it has a creamy texture).
- Add the melted and slightly cooled white chocolate and mix for about 1 minute.
- Just before using it to smooth the cake, beat it with the flat spatula for 2 minutes on slow speed.
- Place the chopped chocolate and heavy cream in a small bowl.
- Heat in the microwave or double boiler until you have a liquid ganache.
- Use the pouring glaze at 30-35°C (prepare it about 20 minutes before decorating)
Assembly, smoothing and decoration
- Cut your sponge cake in 4 layers with a cake leveler or a large knife.
- Fill 2 pastry bags with the buttercream and the other with the Kinder ganache.
- Place the first layer on a cake turntable and place a curl of buttercream on the edges.
- Fill the inside with ganache and add a few pieces of Kinder Bueno, add another layer of ganache and smooth with an angled spatula.
- Cover with a second layer of sponge cake and repeat the last step for all layers.
- Apply a layer of buttercream to the whole cake and smooth with a icing smoother.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate glaze and drizzle it over the sides.
- Decorate with swirls of the remaining buttercream and add Kinder Bueno.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours and take it out 30 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: cake, Dessert, drip cake, Layer cake
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 32
- Sodium: 263
- Fat: 38
- Saturated Fat: 23
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 126
Keywords: chocolate drip cake, kinder bueno cake, kinder cake
Leave a Reply