A healthy recipe for seed and chocolate cookies, delicious and without refined sugars! Perfect for your little cracks at snack time!
This recipe of madness, I discovered in one of my pastry books, "to madness", from its height Moko Hyrayama, of the restaurant Mokonuts.
They are composed of the seeds of your choice, flax, sesame, squash seeds, sunflower, chia etc.
I have voluntarily modified the quantities to get a less dry texture. You will also find among the healthy ingredients, oatmeal, whole and organic preferably.
Made with whole meal or semi-complete flour, but you are free to use the flour of your choice, corn, oats, rice, small spelt...
You can add more crunches to your cookies with crushed almonds and nuts and especially a quality dark chocolate at 70% or 85% cocoa.
How to make seeds and chocolate cookies
First, place all the dry ingredients together in a container, oatmeal, flour, seed mixture, salt and baking powder.
Then in another container, combine the lightly melted butter and coconut sugar.
And whisk until smooth and creamy.
Then add the egg and mix to obtain a frothy mixture.
Finally stir in the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
Add 70% or 85% broken dark chocolate in pieces.
The preparation is a bit sticky at this stage, so let your dough sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Finish by forming dough balls and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Bake your seed and chocolate cookies in a preheated oven for about 12 minutes.
Seeds and chocolate cookies
- 60 g seeds - sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, flax, chia etc...
- 60 g whole oat flakes
- 1 egg
- 125 g Flour
- 40 g sugar
- 115 g butter - melted or almond butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 1 pinch salt - sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 356°F/180°C and line a baking tray with a paper or silicone silpat baking sheet.
- Place the dry ingredients, oatmeal, seed mixture, flour, yeast and salt in a container.
- In another container, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Then add the egg and mix again with a whisk until frothy.
- Then stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon and mix until a homogeneous and sticky paste is obtained.
- Add the dark chocolate cut into pieces and mix again.
- Place in a cool place for about 30 minutes to 1 hour, the butter will harden and the dough will be easier to handle to form dough balls.
- Form balls with your hands and place them on your baking sheet, making sure to space them well apart as they will swell a little and spread out.
- Slightly flatten the balls with the palm of your hand or a fork.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.